Amici's East Coast Pizzeria is about quality, convenience, and enjoying the Northeast's distinctive Italian fare. In the mid-1980's two East Coast transplants, Peter Cooperstein from Boston, and Mike Forter from New York decided to do something about their mutual longing for the style of pizza they'd grown up with, and set out on a quest to learn the secrets that made pies from the famous pizzerias of New York, Boston, and Connecticut so distinctively delicious.
The friends discovered that their favorite pizzerias had something in common: a traditional, Italian brick oven. The 700 degree temperatures of the stone hearths produced thin crusts that were crisp, airy, and slightly chewy. When the pies ingredients were of the highest quality and freshness, those hot bricks melded together the flavors just right, for a taste that was nothing short of perfection.
Peter and Mike returned inspired, and were excited to share what they had learned with fellow East Coast transplants. In 1987 they opened the first Amici's East Coast Pizzeria in downtown San Mateo and to their delight it became a success - not only with transplants, but with EVERYONE.
With a focus on authenticity, friendly service, customer satisfaction, and with carefully measured growth, Amici's has become the Bay Area's standard for high-quality, freshly made pizzas, pastas, and salads enjoyed by thousands in their homes, businesses, and in Amici's stylish restaurants.
News & Events
'MEET & EAT WITH THE SHARKS' IS A BIG WINNER!
Amici's East Coast Pizzeria locations in Cupertino and San Jose, with the help of Sharks players and broadcasters, raised $16,100 from sales on Tuesday November 8th for The Sharks Foundation...
EVENT (NOVEMBER 8, 2011): MEET THE SHARKS AND HELP BAY AREA YOUTH
Amici's East Coast Pizzeria will host the San Jose Sharks at both their Cupertino and downtown San Jose locations to raise money for the Sharks Foundation...
Amici'S East Coast Pizzeria and San Jose Sharks Serve Up A Big Winner!
Amici's East Coast Pizzeria in Cupertino, with the help of Sharks players and broadcasters, raised $14,400 from sales on Monday March 7th for The San Jose Sharks Foundation.
EVENT (MARCH 7, 2011): MEET THE SHARKS AND HELP BAY AREA YOUTH
Amici's will donate 100% of sales from 3-10pm to the Sharks Foundation to help support organizations that enhance the lives of Bay Area youth. Come down and meet...
EVENT (APRIL 29, 2010): DINING OUT FOR LIFE!
Amici's will donate 25% of dine-in and carry-out sales from all Bay Area locations on Thursday, April 29, 2009. Fight Aids by dinning out at Amici's!
EVENT (FEBRUARY 25, 2010): MEET THE SHARKS AND HELP BAY AREA YOUTH
Amici's will donate 100% of sales from 3-10pm to the Sharks Foundation to help support organizations that enhance the lives of Bay Area youth.
EVENT (APRIL 30, 2009): DINING OUT FOR LIFE!
Amici's will donate 25% of dine-in and carry-out sales from all Bay Area locations on Thursday, April 30, 2009. Fight Aids by dinning out at Amici's!
- Amici's East Coast Pizzaria Celebrates 20th Anniversary - Again Ranked Top US Independent Pizza Chain
- "At Amici's, tempting taste doesn't stop with the pizzas." -Aleta Watson, San Jose Mercury News
- Best New Pizza in Downtown San Jose - Pie Detector, by Stett Holbrook, San Jose Mercury News
- Amici's sets a record delivering 1,000 pizzas to Google
- New San Francisco Location
- New San Jose Location
- Pizza lover takes dough into own hands to create Amici's
- Amici's East Coast Pizzeria records staggering sales.
- New York taste in Mountain View
"In the mid-1980's (Owners) Mike Forter and Peter Cooperstein decided it was time San Francisco had a pizza place that made pies the way they ate them growing up on the East Coast: Thin, foldable-crust pizzas with slightly charred edges and minimal but vibrantly flavored toppings...Amici's fills the Bay Area's need for New York-style pizza."
-Steve Coomes, Editor-in-Chief, Pizza Today Magazine
"Amici's is an exceptional choice for those with pangs for a genuine East Coast Pizzeria, and a touch of the old neighborhood that goes with it."
-Review, Mountain View Voice
- "If you've just moved from back East, you might want to give Amici's a try for a little taste of home."
-Review Palo Alto Weekly
- Amici's raises $7,800 in Dining Out For Life fundraiser
- Amici's Donates $13,000 to AIDS Charities
- Amici's East Coast Pizzeria and San Jose Sharks Team Up to Win for The Sharks Foundation
- Amici's Raises $5,300 for the Second Harvest Food Bank
- Amici's East Coast Pizzeria and San Jose Sharks Team Up to Benefit The Sharks Foundation
- Amici's Raises $10,000 for Sharks Foundation
- Amici's East Coast Pizzeria announced the opening of their Vacaville location with a charity event that raised $10,000 for Bay Area High School Sports Programs.
- Amici's along with 107.7 "The Bone" raises $10,000 for the Breast Cancer Fund
- Chipping in on 911 Disaster Relief
- Amici's Donates 15k to Junior Giants
- Amici's Donates 10k to the Special Olympics
- Pac Bell Slumber Party
- Giants Treat Kids to Tour of Park and Amici's Pizza
Reviews & Awards
"Winner of the Prestigious 'WRAP Award' from the state of California for waste reduction and recycling."
-State of California
"The Best Pizza West of New York."
-Ralph Barbieri, KNBR 680
"Thin-Crust Pizza Paradise."
"Gold Medal Winner."
-Bay Area Parent
"Best Pizza in Marin"
-Pacific Sun 'Best of Marin' Awards
"The Best Caesar Dressing in the History of the Universe"
-San Francisco Bay Guardian
-San Mateo County Times
"Best Pizza in Mountain View"
-Mountain View Voice 'Best of' Awards
"First Place Winner for Healthiest Pizza"
-Cholesterol Council of America
"Amicis East Coast Pizzeria Repeats Ranking as Top U.S. Independent Pizza Chain"
-Pizza Today Magazine